The Augustinians recognise and uphold the dignity and rights of all children and are committed to ensuring their safety and well-being. Members of the Irish Province (Augustinians) and their co-workers have an obligation to ensure that the fundamental rights of children are respected.
The Province recognises that each child should be cherished and affirmed as a gift from God with an inherent right to dignity of life and bodily integrity, which shall be respected, nurtured and protected by all.
The Province undertakes to do everything possible to create safe environments where the welfare of children and young people is paramount.
Anybody with any concerns at all in this regard is invited to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or any of the organisations listed below. Please, be sure your voice will be heard and acted upon.
Other Contact Options:
- National Board for Safeguarding Children in the Catholic Church in Ireland, New House, St. Patrick’s College, Maynooth, Co. Kildare (01 5053124 or email@example.com).
- Toward Healing, P.O. Box 5654, Dublin (1800 303 416 or firstname.lastname@example.org) – a professional, independent and confidential counselling service funded by the Bishops, Religious & Missionary Union in Ireland.
- One in Four, 2 Holles St; Dublin, 2 (01 6624070 or email@example.com) – a professional, independent and confidential counselling and advocacy service part funded by charitable donations, fundraising and Government funds.
- Towards Peace – Columba Centre, St. Patrick’s College, Maynooth, Co. Kildare (01 505 3028; 087 7710533 or firstname.lastname@example.org) – offering spiritual support for those whose faith has been damaged by abuse and who wish to continue their search for meaning and for God.
- Tusla – Child and Family Agency, The Brunel Building, Heuston South Quarter, Saint John’s Road West, Dublin 8. D08 X01F. Phone: 01 7718500 or Out of Hours (6pm – 6am nightly & W/Ends 9am – 5pm): 0818776315. Email: email@example.com
- Gardaí National Protective Services Bureau, An Garda Síochána, Harcourt Square, Dublin, 2 – 01 6663430 or 016663435 or any Garda Station..
Last August again we made an announcement in all our Churches, inviting any persons who may have been abused by any of our members to come forward and report to the authorities. We again ask any person who was abused or has concerns in regard to any of our members, past or present, to bring this matter to our attention and to the attention of the Gardaí (01-6663430) and TUSLA (HSE) (www.tusla.ie).
Our Designated Liaison Person is Mr. Tony Murphy and he can be contacted on 087-2211235 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Irrespective of any other processes, which may be ongoing, we are more than willing to meet with and offer pastoral support to those who have made or wish to make allegations of abuse, should they so wish to engage with us.
We also ask persons who were abused to consider contacting Towards Healing, the confidential and independent support service established by the Catholic Church.
Please click here for a full copy of the Review and the then Augustinian Safeguarding Policy 2015.