The Augustinians recognise and uphold the dignity and rights of all children and are committed to ensuring their safety and well-being. Members of the Irish Province (Augustinians) and their co-workers have an obligation to ensure that the fundamental rights of children are respected.
The Province recognises that each child should be cherished and affirmed as a gift from God with an inherent right to dignity of life and bodily integrity, which shall be respected, nurtured and protected by all.
The Province undertakes to do everything possible to create safe environments where the welfare of children and young people is paramount.
Anybody with any concerns at all in this regard is invited to contact us at email@example.com or any of the organisations listed below. Please, be sure your voice will be heard and acted upon.
Other Contact Options:
- National Board for Safeguarding Children in the Catholic Church in Ireland, New House, St. Patrick’s College, Maynooth, Co. Kildare (01 5053124 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Toward Healing, P.O. Box 5654, Dublin (1800 303 416 or email@example.com) – a professional, independent and confidential counselling service funded by the Bishops, Religious & Missionary Union in Ireland.
- One in Four, 2 Holles St; Dublin, 2 (01 6624070 or firstname.lastname@example.org) – a professional, independent and confidential counselling and advocacy service part funded by charitable donations, fundraising and Government funds.
- Towards Peace – Columba Centre, St. Patrick’s College, Maynooth, Co. Kildare (01 505 3028; 087 7710533 or email@example.com) – offering spiritual support for those whose faith has been damaged by abuse and who wish to continue their search for meaning and for God.
- TUSLA, Child & Family Agency, Block D, Park Gate Business Centre, Parkgate Street, Dublin, 8 – 01 6352624 or firstname.lastname@example.org or any local Duty Social Worker (see www.tusla.ie)
- Domestic Violence & Sexual Assault Invertigation Unit, An Garda Síochána, Harcourt Square, Dublin, 2 – 01 666 3430 or any Garda Station.