• John’s Lane – click on › www.johnslane.ie
‘A poem in stone…’ Designed by Edward Welby Pugin assisted by his brother-in-law, George C. Ashlin ( a Corkman ) in the French Gothic style of the thirteenth century. A style no doubt reflective of Pugin’s French Huguenot background. • Orlagh – click on › www.orlagh.ie
With panoramic views of the whole city of Dublin and its bay there is no doubt that the Orlagh Centre is in a stunning location. The Augustinians have been on this site since 1872 when they acquired the property for use as the Novitiate for those who wised to join their ranks. For the past ten years Orlagh is a Retreat Centre , and also offers a programme of scripture courses, retreats, training and support for parish groups in the Archdiocese of Dublin...Building began in 1862 and the church opened for worship in 1874… finally fully completed in 1895 and solemnly opened on December 15th. Interestingly Pugin did not live to see the fully completed building, and the architect for the second phase and final part of the construction was Mr. William Hague from Cavan who had his business in Dawson Street…
• Ballyboden – click on › www.ballybodenparish.ie
Situated downhill from Orlagh near Rathfarnham, a busy and thriving Parish being looked after by Frs. Padraig Daly PP, John Lyng and Michael Brennock. The Augustinians have been working in this parish since it began in 1973 and the Parish Church was constructed and formally opened by Archbishop Ryan in 1981…
• Finglas — St. Oliver Plunkett’s —
Situated on St. Helena’s Drive, Rivermount, Dublin 11.
Parish Team: Fr. Seamus Ahearne (osa) PP;
Fr. Paddy O’Reilly, osa; CC
Sr. Liz Lawlor.
Tel: 00353 (0)1 8642440 / 0879945223.
• Meath Street — click on- www.meathstreetparish.ie
St. Catherine’s Parish, Meath Street, Dublin 8.
Fr. Niall Coghlan osa – Parish Priest; Fr. Richie Goode, CC. Fr. Michael Mernagh, CC.
Bro. Bernard Twomey osa;
Sr. Bridget Phelan – Presentation Sisters;
Sr. Germaine Brennan – Presentation Sisters.
Tel: 00353 (0)1 4543356.